Melbourne Fresh Flowers is committed to providing quality services to you and this policy outlines our ongoing obligations to you in respect of how we manage your Personal Information.
• We have adopted the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Privacy Act) and to the extent applicable, by the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/279 (the GDPR). The NPPs govern the way in which we collect, use, disclose, store, secure and dispose of your Personal Information.
• A copy of the Australian Privacy Principles may be obtained from the website of The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.aoic.gov.au
What is Personal Information and why do we collect it?
Personal Information is information or an opinion that identifies an individual. Examples of Personal Information we collect include names, addresses, email addresses, phone and facsimile numbers.
• This Personal Information is obtained in many ways including [interviews, correspondence, by telephone and facsimile, by email, via our website www.melbournefreshflowers.com.au, from your website, from media and publications, from other publicly available sources, from cookies- delete all that aren’t applicable] and from third parties. We don’t guarantee website links or policy of authorised third parties.
• We collect your Personal Information for the primary purpose of providing our services to you, providing information to our clients and marketing. We may also use your Personal Information for secondary purposes closely related to the primary purpose, in circumstances where you would reasonably expect such use or disclosure. You may unsubscribe from our mailing/marketing lists at any time by contacting us in writing.
• When we collect Personal Information we will, where appropriate and where possible, explain to you why we are collecting the information and how we plan to use it.
Use of Personal Information:
When you place an order on our website you enter the relevant details needed for delivery, such as your recipients name and address etc. along with your contact details. We then make use of these details for efficient delivery of your gift.
• We enable you to access and use our Site, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
• To contact and communicate with you, including with regards to any order you place with us;
• For internal record keeping and administrative purposes;
• For analytics, market research and business development, including to operate and improve our Site, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
• To run promotions and/or offer additional benefits to you;
• For advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our products and services and information about third parties that we consider may be of interest to you;
• To comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have;
• To consider your employment application.
Disclosure of Personal Information:
We may disclose Personal Information to:
• Third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services, including (without limitation) IT service providers, data storage, webhosting and server providers, debt collectors, maintenance or problem-solving providers, marketing or advertising providers, professional advisors and payment systems operators;
• Our employees, contractors and/or related entities;
• Our existing or potential agents or business partners;
• Payment systems operators;
• Sponsors or promoters of any competition we run;
• Anyone to whom our business or assets (or any part of them) are, or may (in good faith) be, transferred;
• Credit reporting agencies, courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities, in the event you fail to pay for goods or services we have provided to you;
• Courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
• Third parties to collect and process data, such as Google Analytics or other relevant businesses. This may include parties that store data outside of Australia including in the United States of America.
Please note that we currently use the following third parties to process your personal information:
• Google Analytics;
• Hot Jar
• Live chat
By providing us with personal information, you consent to the disclosure of your personal information to third parties who reside outside Australia and, if you are a European Union (EU) citizen, to third parties that reside outside the EU (for example, the third party couriers we use to deliver your order). Where the disclosure of your personal information is solely subject to Australian privacy laws (and not subject to the GDPR), you acknowledge that we are not required to ensure that those third parties comply with Australian privacy laws.
Rights and Controlling Your Personal Information:
• Access and data portability: You may request details of the personal information that we hold about you. You may request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. Where possible, we will provide this information in CSV format or other easily readable machine format. You may request that we erase the personal information we hold about you at any time. You may also request that we transfer this personal information to another third party (data portability).
• Restrict: You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us using the details below. If you ask us to restrict how we process your personal information, we will let you know how the restriction affects your use of our Site or products and services.
• Correction: If you believe that any information, we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us using the details below. We will take reasonable steps to correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or out of date.
• Complaints: If you believe that we have breached the Australian Privacy Principles or an article of the GDPR and wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the alleged breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to deal with your complaint. You also have the right to contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner if you wish to make a complaint.
• Unsubscribe: To unsubscribe from our e-mail database or opt-out of communications (including marketing communications), please contact us using the details below or opt-out using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication.
Links to other websites
This Website may contain links to websites which are owned or operated by other parties. You should make your own enquiries as to the privacy policies of these parties. We are not responsible for information on, or the privacy practices of, such websites.
Security of Personal Information
• Your Personal Information is stored in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse and loss and from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
• When your Personal Information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your Personal Information. However, most of the Personal Information is or will be stored in client files which will be kept by us for a minimum of 7 years.
Access to your Personal Information
• You may access the Personal Information we hold about you and to update and/or correct it, subject to certain exceptions. If you wish to access your Personal Information, please contact us in writing.
• Melbourne Fresh Flowers will not charge any fee for your access request but may charge an administrative fee for providing a copy of your Personal Information.
• In order to protect your Personal Information, we may require identification from you before releasing the requested information.
Maintaining the Quality of your Personal Information:
It is an important to us that your Personal Information is up to date. We will take reasonable steps to make sure that your Personal Information is accurate, complete and up to date. If you find that the information we have is not up to date or is inaccurate, please advise us as soon as practicable so we can update our records and ensure we can continue to provide quality services to you.
This Policy may change from time to time and is available on our website.